Beautiful U Ministries serves at-risk teen moms by inviting them to become a part of loving families.
We were voted "Best of the Fox 2014" in the Resale/Consignment Category
Immediate Volunteer Positions are available both for the ministry and in our Resale Shop. Join our team of fabulous volunteers! There are several volunteer positions currently open: helping coordinate special sales and fundraising events, media connoisseur, sorting & organizing donations, repairs, creating displays, greeting customers & running our front counter, writing for our newsletter and more. You can create your own schedule while serving alongside wonderful, welcoming people, making new friends, having fun, learning new skills or putting your skills to good use. BONUS~ you're likely to be the first to see all the new incoming inventory. Volunteers can also earn store discounts! Are you a part of a community or church group that would like to serve together? We love partnering with local schools, Key & Booster Clubs, 4H, Scout groups, Youth Groups, etc... We're the perfect place for service projects & community hours!
Step 1: Resale Shop Volunteer Application
Step 2: Resale Shop Volunteer Agreement
We care deeply about our volunteer community! We know that we couldn't do what we do without you. You are very important to us and we know we need to protect the relationship we have with you. So, to make sure we're all on the same page from the start, we ask that you please read the following volunteer expectations. If you can agree to follow these expectations, please let us know by checking the box at the bottom of the page.
LET'S MAKE A GOOD IMPRESSION AND LOVE OUR COMMUNITY! During your time at the store, it is important to Beautiful U Ministries that we reflect the love of Jesus to all who walk through the doors. We want them to be eager to come back and to tell others about the store. With that in mind, please always be sure to:
- Do your best to greet each customer as they walk in & give a brief description of the ministry.
- Keep the store clean and tidy, ensuring each customer experiences our store at it's best. At least once every half-an-hour, please walk through the store and straighten the merchandise, pick up any trash, and take care of anything else that may be out of order.
- Please refrain from talking on your cell phone while there are customers in the store. We want to respect and honor our customers for their willingness to support our cause by shopping in our store. Texting or reading a book is perfectly fine, as long as you are not needed by a customer. (Note: we know that many of our volunteers are Moms and we understand that there may be moments when you will need to take a call. We're okay with that.)
WE'RE COUNTING ON YOU! The success of our store is dependent on you--our wonderful volunteers! We are so thankful for your help and support and we want you to know how much you mean to us. We cannot do this without you! Your help is essential to keeping Beautiful U running and enabling us to serve teen moms. That being said, we kindly ask that, as a volunteer at the Resale Shop, you honor the following requests:
- Please volunteer only for the shifts that you are certain you can commit to. If you are unable to serve at a time for which you have signed up, please notify Terri Lykins, our Volunteer Coordinator, as soon as possible (and no later than 24 hours before your shift), in order to give her time to find a replacement.
- Please arrive 10-15 minutes before your scheduled time. If you are the first one scheduled for the day, this will give you enough time to prepare the store before opening. If you are relieving another volunteer, it will allow you enough time for a smooth transition between shifts. Let's be respectful of one another's time and not cause anyone to stay longer than they've committed to.
- Please consider being available as a back-up volunteer to fill in when a scheduled volunteer is unable to serve.
CONTACT US AT ANY TIME. Really! If you have questions, scheduling issues, or even ideas (which we appreciate), please contact our Volunteer Coordinator, Terri Lykins at: firstname.lastname@example.org
From all of us at Beautiful U Ministries, we extend our deepest gratitude for giving of yourself and your time to support our ministry.